Manitoba Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileEdit Profile/Settings   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call for Nominations to MBGA Board of Directors, 2017-18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glacier_ice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Call for Nominations to MBGA Board of Directors, 2017-18 Reply with quote

Nominations are requested for MBGA director positions to be elected at the Annual General Meeting on May 6, 2017. (Expected date as we are awaiting confirmation of a location.)

The board of directors will serve to manage the affairs of the MBGA for a one year term following the election. If you, or someone you know, would like to volunteer please e-mail nomination@mbgeocaching.ca with the name and contact information of the nominee. Permission must be obtained before nominating another person. Nominees should submit a statement of their qualifications before the AGM.

Nominations are accepted for any Manitoba resident, 18 years or older, who is an eligible voting member of the MBGA for at least thirty (30) days prior to the election. Nominations are open until midnight, April 17, 2017.

For further details on the election and operation of the MBGA please refer to the Election Policy and Bylaws. Reviewing past meeting minutes of the MBGA committee will also give you an idea of what to expect.

Nominees are running for a director position on the board. Once the group of directors has been elected, the board will elect officer positions. The MBGA Board meets in Winnipeg, but directors may reside anywhere in Manitoba. In the past we have had directors from Brandon, Flin Flon, Dauphin and The Pas and have used Skype to videoconference.

As per the MBGA Election Policy, if there are insufficient nominees to fill the Board positions, a call for nominees from the floor shall occur at the AGM.

glacier_ice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following cachers have allowed their names to stand for election. (Profiles to come)

Mike Neale (Glacier_ice)
Loida O'Keeffe (okeeffek)
Kristine Fileccia (epatzee)
Ken Reimer (Geo-ken)
Nathan Kachur (Shopcrazy)
Vonnie Arnold (VA)
Kim Burnett (Skoki)
Georgia Lebtag (GG+J)
Sue McKelvie (MarcoIslandGirl)
Stuart McKelvie (MarcoIslandGuy)
... ( )

Last edited by glacier_ice on Apr 07, 2017 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
glacier_ice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Mike Neale, aka Glacier_ice and even sometimes “Red Shirt Brian”.

You may remember me from such Geocaches as ‘Jimmy "Two Cups" MACHiato’, 'Zach's Place' and 'Photo Edited'. I am currently serving my seventh term as MBGA President and my eighth year on the board of directors. There will be no vote bribery coming from me, so if you were looking for tips to solve Photo Edited in exchange for your vote, I am sorry, but you'll have to solve that one the old fashioned way. I will, however, continue to share stories, in my cache logs, about my three (no so little anymore) Ice Cubes that sometimes go caching with me. I am willing to keep my name on the ballot for this year's election and continue to serve on the board of directors. I look forward to meeting the new geocachers who will be attending their first AGM this year. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Skoki

PostPosted: Apr 11, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim Burnett (Skoki)

I started caching with swelbergen… not to cache, just to help her with supervision with the grades five and sixes at our school. Before the end of that first session, I was elbowing the kids out of the way to get to GZ. At first, I didn’t think that logging the finds was important to me. HA! I was wrong about that too! Now? Things I love include: travel, cycling, swimming, hiking, coffee, white wine, cooking and caching. In the summer, you’ll often find me huddled with rekal in his workshop dreaming up new containers for possible caches - some of which you may have seen at the zoo. I am constantly amazed at the places caching takes us and the cool things that happen while we are caching. We’ve been dazzled by the Brazilian Atlantic Rainforest on the hike to Saő Paulo’s APE cache and have run into JB and ruylopez in the Mojave Desert. I like to spend time planning caching adventures and one of my favourites? Teams GeoNurseJF, rekal and Skoki hiked in and snorkelled for the cache “Take a Dip” at Boyne Lake, Ontario (GC4MY0J). Great fun! Yup, can’t beat the places that caching takes us…
MarcoIslandGuy

PostPosted: Apr 15, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: MarcoIslandGirl and MarcoIslandGuy - Profile Reply with quote

MarcoIslandGirl and MarcoIslandGuy have been married for almost 40 years with a son, GeoLadd, who is 33. Our caching names come from, you guessed it, Marco Island FL where we vacation in the winter. We love to travel and, since 2013, geocaching has become an integral part of our travels. What we like most about geocaching are all the interesting people we meet and all the fascinating places we visit solely because we geocache.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MBGA Forum Index -> Manitoba Geocaching Association Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: