Geocaching is a worldwide adventure sport which utilizes GPS devices to hide and seek hidden containers called geocaches. (Learn more about geocaching) To get started geocaching, all you need is a GPS receiver and a geocache location. (Learn more about getting started) You can find a nearby geocache location at geocaching.com by entering an address or town into the search box.
The Manitoba Geocaching Association (MBGA) strives to advance the sport of geocaching through social activities, public education and promotion of geocaching. (Learn more about the MBGA).
*NOTE* The blog posts below sometimes disappear from the first page. Scroll down to the bottom to see previous posts.
Jeffery's (N49 56.729 W097 05.203)
Meeting called to order at 19:05 CDT.
Committee Members Present: Tobey (3T's&aG), Scott (Lizardo), Jacques (OHMIC), Paula (MHz), Tim (TurdleEggs), Peter (Peter and Gloria), Steven (ertyu), Dani (dani_carriere), Nick (bevro), Roger (The_Stuntman), Sandra (junglehair)
Committee Absent: Brian (grnbrg), Jen (ava_ad0re), Sean (DragonFreys)
Members present: Garth (ChargerDad)
Leo & Ruth
- How did you find out about Geocaching?
- What was it about geocaching that got you hooked into the game?
- Have you cached in any other provinces, countries?
Through my sister “Teamtonin”, in Ontario. She got hooked on it after being introduced to the sport by my older brother “Uncle Ralph”. My younger brother also caches, “Markhammer”.
The thrill of the hunt and most especially, enjoying the gift of sharing someone’s special place. Oh yeah, and sibling rivalry.
Yes, in Canada: Ontario and Alberta. In the U.S.: North Dakota, Minnesota, New York, Rhode Island & Massachusetts.
2007 Election Results:Click the name of each person for more information about them.
- President - Tim Turner (TurdleEggs) *, Dani Carriere (dani_carriere) 
- Vice President - Sandra Forbes (junglehair) *, Brian Greenberg (grnbrg) 
- Secretary - Paula Ehn (MHz)*
- Treasurer - Peter McLure (Peter & Gloria)*
- Public Relations & Training - Jacques Bourgeois (OHMIC)*, Nick Garrioch (Bevro)*, Sean Frey (Dragonfreys)*
- Event Coordinator - Tobey Saniuk (3Ts&aG)*
- Technical Coordinator - Steven Nikkel (ertyu)*
Location: Jeffrey’s N49 56.729 W097 05.203
Start/Finish: 8:00 – 9:45 pm
Committee Present: Steven (ertyu), Brian (grnbrg), Tobey (3Ts&aG), Roger (The-Stuntman), Peter (Peter and Gloria), Scott (Lizardo), Jen (ava_ad0re), Dani (dani_carriere),
Committee Absent: None
Members Present: Paula (MHz), TurdleEggs & TurdleFemme, OHMIC