Journey to Churchill Zoo Caching Event - Winnipeg
GC58438 - Skoki (and friends)
Skoki and friends at Beaverlodge School, the Assiniboine Park Zoo and the Manitoba Geocaching Association, are hosting an event at the Assiniboine Park Zoo on Saturday, September 27, 2014. Join us in the fun begun at the zoo by our geocaching friends, Flotsom and Jetsom!
The event will begin with an introduction to the GPS and geocaching. To log this event as a find, you must sign the MBGA event log book. This will be located on a table in, or in front of, the zoo classroom.
GPS units will be available for those who don't have one and would like to find out more about this fun and addictive family friendly activity.
Several new caches will be unveiled and made available for finding throughout the Zoo area for this event.
Introduction to GPS and Geocaching: 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.
Geocache Challenge: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
BBQ supper and prizes: 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Soups, salads and sandwiches are available in the zoo cafés, and picnic tables are available throughout the zoo for those who prefer to bring their own lunch.
For our BBQ supper, a picnic spot has been reserved for our group, and a BBQ will be available for people to cook their own burgers and hot dogs. Please feel free to bring your favourite side dish to share (salads, desserts, munchies). In the event of rain, we will have our picnic at the shelters at the Nature Playground. Please bring your own lawn chairs and blankets.
Admission or membership to the Assiniboine Park Zoo is required to participate in the Cache Challenge.
We ask that participants pre-register with Assiniboine Park Programming department by calling 204-926-6070 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, before 3 PM on Friday, September 26, 2014.
Adults are $16 plus GST and children/youth/seniors are $9 plus GST. Park and Zoo members are free.
Regular zoo admission will apply to any participant that is not pre-registered.
Please visit http://www.assiniboineparkzoo.ca/about/hours-rates.php for regular admission rates.
Assiniboine Park Zoo Rules
For the safety and enjoyment of zoo visitors, we ask that you respect a few basic rules during your visit to Assiniboine Park Zoo.
- Smoking within the Assiniboine Park Zoo is limited to two designated smoking corrals located just off the main Zoo pathways.
- Please treat our animals and plants with respect. Do not approach or feed animals, pick or damage plants, knock on glass, or throw coins in ponds (unless otherwise marked).
- Please stay on pathways and respect safety fences. There is no need to venture beyond these for geocaches.
- Please dress appropriately. Shirts and shoes are required.
- The Zoo is a family environment. Unruly behaviour and the use of profanity may spoil the visit for others. Such behaviour will not be tolerated.
The following items are NOT PERMITTED in the zoo and should be left at home:
- Roller blades, roller skates, heelies, skateboards, child scooters
- Bicycles, tricycles, and unicycles
- Balloons of any kind
- Balls, Frisbees, flying discs, etc.