MBGA - Basic Tech Training
Date: Wednesday, May 22nd
Location: Miles MacDonell Collegiate, 757 Roch St
Parking: On the street or in the staff lot on the South side, off of Chelsea St.
Enter through the main doors, go straight for about 50 ft until you come to a T-junction (just past the glass windows of the main office) Turn left and go about 30 feet until you see a short set of stairs on your right. This leads to the theatre.
Basic Geocaching related Technology Training
This training night is meant to cover the everyday technology we use to enjoy Geocaching.
Topics that can be covered
- Navigating Geocaching.com
- Logging finds, how/when to use other log types
- Navigating mbga.ca + forums
- Using your GPS (breakout groups*)
- Sending coordinates to your GPS
- What is a Pocket Query and how to set one up. (this is only available for Premium Member)
- Introduction to GSAk (for PC users)
- After hiding your own cache, how to set it up for listing. (Basic instructions.)
These are some of the topics that can be covered. This training is/will be flexible to the needs of the people who attend. If we need more of one item and less of another, this can be changed. If you have questions you're hoping to learn the answer to, please record your question in your 'will attend' log.
* The breakout groups for training to use your GPS is to pair up experienced users (if possible) with similar models of GPS units.
** This event is wheelchair accessible, there is a wheelchair elevator. If this is required, please make a request as the key will need to be obtained.
*** BYOD Bring your own device! Guest Wi-fi will be available, if needed. Feel free to bring your own laptop or electronics.